Muffler recommendation? - brand and source

Go down

Muffler recommendation? - brand and source

Post by ultralite on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Went off road and hastened the demise of my rusty Empi muffler. Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? I'm open to trying a different brand but wanted to go with a 3 bolt flange. My headers are good.
I've read EMPIs quality has really dropped.
I have a 69 Westy and normally order from BusDepot and I need some new brushes for my generator too. But I'm open to other sources.
Thanks in advance

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Muffler recommendation? - brand and source

Post by type4revolution on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Reuse flange and get a piece of muffler pipe bent and find a muffler you like. Example a round magnaflow works well and weld it up and enjoy a long lived exhaust note. Stainless helps / Wise man say you get what ya pay for http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-12865 Keep inlet and outlet sizes smaller than 2.250 and you will have nice pipesthat live long. Or check jegs lots of options
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2011-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

type4revolution wrote:Reuse flange and get a piece of muffler pipe bent and find a muffler you like. Example a round magnaflow works well and weld it up and enjoy a long lived exhaust note. Stainless helps / Wise man say you get what ya pay for http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-12865 Keep inlet and outlet sizes smaller than 2.250 and you will have nice pipesthat live long. Or check jegs lots of options
Not Jegs....they're the devil! Twisted Evil call or come visit Summit, ask for David or Mike, we are both fellow dubbers.
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum