Found my Mom's very first car that she bought new in 1966 from a dealer here in Macon, GA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Found my Mom's very first car that she bought new in 1966 from a dealer here in Macon, GA

Post by dlandvw3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:18 pm

So my Mom and her Dad, my Grandfather(who passed away in 1970 before I was born) went to Garland Pugh Ford in Macon Ga in 1966, it's a 1966 Ford Mustang. It's an automatic with the 201ci straight six. She drove it for 6-7 years and sold it to my Aunt. She's had it ever since and it's been sitting under a car port for 25 years rotting away. My Mom tried to get it back from her several times and she refused. My Mom passed away 4 years ago and my Aunt is now convinced that my Mom was haunting her until she gave one of the kids her car back. They loaded it on a trailer and a friend and I went and got it today and brought it to my house.

Everything is with the car except the RF Fender and the hood, because a tree fell on the car port and damaged both of those pretty badly. The car is relatively rust free and her son started sanding and priming it a few years ago and stopped. It has 144,000 original miles, and even though it's in pieces is in pretty good shape. I'm gonna go through the interior, dig into the engine and see what needs to be done, then we'll try to get it running, together than body work and paint. It'll be a great project for my twin brother and I, and I'll post updates as we do it. It's gonna take some time, bust just knowing that it was her first car makes it a pretty special find, and I'm very grateful that my Aunt gave it to us to work on.

dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Found my Mom's very first car that she bought new in 1966 from a dealer here in Macon, GA

Post by redneck_davis on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Man that is cool as hell. My.moms gtta 67 thats pretty much mine. Im tryin to talk her out of it
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Found my Mom's very first car that she bought new in 1966 from a dealer here in Macon, GA

Post by dlandvw3 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm excited about it....never thought this car would see the light of day again, surprised it wasn't sold or scrapped...someone did a lot of work on it in the last couple of years, so I have a good starting point to work with
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Awesome car, man. Best of luck to you on it.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/jon65site/

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 am

Nice! I had a 65 once with a 289 2bbl, and a c4 green dot.
That was a nice car...
Good find!
KC
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2184
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top