Chick-fil-A carshow 7-10-10(Can you take the heat)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chick-fil-A carshow 7-10-10(Can you take the heat)

Post by 56HAVOC on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Had a great time Saturday at the Chick-Fill-A car show.
Congrats to all the winners and the Dubs took over this show. The Chevy,Ford,Dodge guys couldn't believe how many VW came out on the eastside. And SouthSide Dubs came out Deep and got the Club attendence Trophy.

56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tightdub on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:42 am

I had a ball. Hope to chat with more of you at coimng shows. I definately drooled over your cars no matter what club you were with cherry
tightdub
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-13

View user profile http://www.timmurraycomedy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 66RedBug on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 am

flipping through pics and just got a question for the guys with the vintage license plates, how did you go about getting them for your 63 bug and 66 bus? I have 1966 tag that came with my bug but no idea on how to get it as my actual tag!
66RedBug
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:58 am

66RedBug wrote:flipping through pics and just got a question for the guys with the vintage license plates, how did you go about getting them for your 63 bug and 66 bus? I have 1966 tag that came with my bug but no idea on how to get it as my actual tag!

Print this form and fill it out.
http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/forms/pdf/motor/t-224.pdf

Take it to your local DMV office and they will enter it into their system and cross reference your 66 tag number with your current license plate number, and then you are set to go. You MUST keep your current tag and that form in your car at all times. It's also a good idea to print out the OCGA code section and keep that in your car as well just in case you get pulled over by an officer that has no clue about year of manufacture plates.

40-2-41.1. Authentic historical Georgia license plates

(a) As used in this Code section, the term "authentic historical Georgia license plate" means a license plate originally issued in the year 1970 or earlier and originally required to be displayed on motor vehicles operated upon the streets and highways of this state in the year 1970 or earlier pursuant to former motor vehicle registration laws of this state.

(b) The owner of any antique motor vehicle manufactured in 1970 or earlier shall be authorized to display in lieu of and in the same manner as the license plate otherwise required under Code Section 40-2-41 an authentic historical Georgia license plate which clearly represents the model year of any such antique motor vehicle, provided that the owner has properly registered such antique motor vehicle for the current year as otherwise required under this chapter and has obtained a current Georgia license plate or revalidation decal for such antique motor vehicle. Such currently valid Georgia license plate shall be kept in such antique motor vehicle at all times but need not be displayed in a manner to be visible from outside the vehicle.

(c) For purposes of this Code section, the authentic historical Georgia license plate shall be furnished by the owner of any such antique motor vehicle.

(d) No later than January 1, 2006, the commissioner shall have installed within the department's computer information system applicable to the registration of motor vehicles the necessary program which will include in the information relating to the current Georgia license plate or revalidation decal issued for an antique motor vehicle the information relating to the authentic historical Georgia license plate authorized to be displayed on such antique motor vehicle.

HISTORY: Code 1981, 40-2-41.1, enacted by Ga. L. 1999, p. 791, 2; Ga. L. 2001, p. 1021, 2; Ga. L. 2002, p. 415, 40; Ga. L. 2005, p. 593, 1/SB 117.

It's like, how much more black could this be, and the answer is none.......none more black.

1962 ragtop beetle
1966 camper bus - Bocephus
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3854
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Yeah.........what he said! Razz

Really its no big deal to register YOM plates.
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 66RedBug on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 pm

well I had asked the lady at the tag office about it and she had no clue and she looked at me funny when I showed her it was a 9 digit numerical vin. she had to go ask three people before finally giving me a form to take to the police department to verify that it is actually the vin of the vehicle. but thanks for the info... looks like a trip to the tag office first thing in the morning before work!!
66RedBug
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 pm

I did that last week, took 3 trips to the tag office, and a visit by the local police to verify my VIN number, but now I have a 67 tag on my Beetle
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top