just picked up 84 rabbit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

just picked up 84 rabbit

Post by 84rabbitvert on Sun May 09, 2010 1:42 pm

i am looking for a good body shop to fix the dings and i need a good shop to work on the 84. the problem i am having is it cuts off when i turn from time to time and it does not acclarate quick enuff. any ideas??? i have pictures but dont get how to post them anyone wanna help me with that too. that would be great
84rabbitvert
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: just picked up 84 rabbit

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Mon May 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Welcome to the site!

Best way to post pictures is to upload them to a photo host somewhere on the internet..like photobucket....then use the image code it gives you to post to forums

We have a gallery on the forum but it is kind of flaky....

1966 Chevy C10 swb fleetside
1967 Black Friday Bus

Bryce
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4917
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://forum.georgiadubs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Mon May 10, 2010 6:53 pm

How low have you gotten the tank? when you say it cuts off when you turn does it matter how full the tank is? I believe all of the convertibles had the same in tank pump that had a rubber hose on it... the more deteriorated the hose, the more issues you have... Does it start right back up? Also, is it CIS? there is an adjustment on the back of the throttle body that may help with your acceleration problem.

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 84rabbitvert on Mon May 10, 2010 8:01 pm

The tank was at alittle a quarter. Yes it started up after and not sure what CIS is but I'll look it up. I hope to get my photos on photobucket.
84rabbitvert
Dub Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 84rabbitvert on Mon May 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh yeah I have more pic of the rabbit in my photo album here feel free to check her out
84rabbitvert
Dub Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Mon May 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Does the cutting out when turning happen when you have a full tank?

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 am

Cute car... sucks about that corner though Sad I have had an 81 rabbit convertible, 3 87 cabriolets and a 91 cabriolet. Is yours a 5 spd? Those are the best! My automatics seemed to wear out at about 200k miles. And the tops always leaked where they sealed to the window. right on to my leg! Fun stuff!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 71Ghia on Tue May 11, 2010 8:06 am

I hate the way VW called it the Rabbit in the States. It's a bloody Golf! And the mark 1 GTi was the best of all the incarnations. A proper hot-hatch. With attitude.
71Ghia
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Tue May 11, 2010 8:12 am

71Ghia wrote:I hate the way VW called it the Rabbit in the States. It's a bloody Golf! And the mark 1 GTi was the best of all the incarnations. A proper hot-hatch. With attitude.

A "bloody" golf eh? rabbit, golf, either way we are talking cabriolet! and yeah... I loved my rabbits great cars... aside from the 5 cabriolets I have had, I have also had 4 diesels. 50MPG! the Butts county license plate reminded me of the time I drove my 81 rabbit diesel from FL to atlanta... When I got to butts county there was a silver GTi on the side of the road. I thought I should stop and check all my stuff as it could be a sign... well I decided not to pay attention to the "sign" as I was almost where I was going... I made it *just* past the exit before I blew a coolant hose, the radiator, and the head gasket Sad And that was the end of my cell phone-less days! That was also a LONG tow back to FL

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 84rabbitvert on Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 pm

And yes she is a 5 spd. I luv driving her caught her for close to nothing. I will have karma's macanics check out the cis thing. I try to keep my top down at all times. Well I am going on Friday to do a full tune up. Hey luv Ty for all your helpand reading mats.
84rabbitvert
Dub Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Tue May 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Cool, they are fun cars. I use to drive my triple black cabriolet from florida to atlanta nearly every weekend. Rain or shine I would drive with the top down. Back then... 10 years or so ago it was pretty much dead at 2 am on weeknights... not so much anymore! But I have some great memories of cruising down I75 early in the am with the top down!

This is my black one, that i still have, with a couple of my rabbits... the grey one being the one that was towed back from Butts county

this was one of my white 87's

This was my only 5 spd, I gave it to my brother, but he never changed it to his name and never took it... so guess it is still mine? I don't think it runs anymore though Sad

Somewhere I have pics of my 91... but I only owned it a couple months as I bought my 98 mexi beetle a week after I bought the 91... it ran it's best on the day I sold it. Who woulda thunk the battery would have made such a difference? I think I sold it for like $400 just to get it gone as i didn't need car #27 or whatever it was

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top