Explosion in my fastback!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Explosion in my fastback!

Post by vwgirl on Fri May 07, 2010 8:57 pm

So I am on vacation all week and I have made a list of the many things I need to get done on the bus, fastback, thing and mexi beetle... I started out this morning by running my errands to the bank and to the post office. I had my list of things to do, my pen, stuff to mail, purse, checks, etc. and threw them in the car to go. Well, when I get down powder springs road to go to the bank all of the sudden there is an explosion and stuff spraying all over the inside of my car...

Yeah... so apparently you should not have Monster energy drinks loose on the passenger seat when you take a sharp turn... especially when you don't have a boot over your parking brake and the adjustment screws are sticking out. My phone, mail, checks, list, purse, roof of the car, shifter, my clothes... all covered and sticky! It was pretty hilarious, but now I have to add to my list the thorough cleaning of my interior Laughing I'm still laughing about it

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Explosion in my fastback!

Post by Grifspop on Fri May 07, 2010 9:19 pm

That's why I drink sugar free Red Bull. At 8.2 ounces, it's a couple of sips and I'm out the door
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Fri May 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Actually, I grabbed it because it was the only thing easy to take to have for a drink. I was planning on being out for a while and it was HOT! I carry 5 hour energy with me, which I think is 1 oz? if I want an energy drink. Monster is the only sugary carbonated drink I drink really. Sometimes I do have red bull, but only if it is accompanied by Jager drunken I do not drink Coke or Pepsi or anything else. I stopped a long time ago and cannot stand them now. I keep Monsters around for headaches... sometimes they are the only thing that works! Not to mention I like the way they taste.

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Fri May 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Plus, it's not like VW put cupholders in the type 3

I've got an old Silverado without cupholders, it's no fun hanging on to your drink while you're trying to drive
Grifspop
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Fri May 07, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah, I have given up trying to carry drinks that cannot be fully contained in my car... I cannot tell you how many times I have had a cup of tea spill in my floorboard. People ask me to get drinks anymore and I just tell them I can't!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Sat May 08, 2010 8:38 am

Some guy patented a drink holder that you stuck into your cassette player, I thought it was a neat idea. Now, all cars come with drink holders, but not cassettes
Grifspop
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Sat May 08, 2010 9:08 am

my fastback doesn't even have a radio!
the tapedeck idea sounds interesting, however, i would be worried about sharp turns and bumps causing the cup to tilt over enough to spill in my tape deck! my husbands truck has cup holders and most cups don't fit in them very snug, have definitely had them spill in there... speaking of... I think I left last nights tea in his cup holder Shocked

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Sat May 08, 2010 2:12 pm

No Radio?! What do you listen to, the engine??
Grifspop
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Sat May 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Honestly, I think I have driven more cars without radios than with. My 74 beetle autostick that I drove for years didn't have one, my two rabbits didnt really have one... they could rarely tune in a station, the bus's radio got blown out last fall... just before we drove to FL. I have driven my fastback all over the southeast without one. Half the time if I have one I don't even turn it out. I really don't miss it... but sometimes I think about installing one. It certainly makes me familiar with the sounds of my car!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top