Traded the bug for this...Figured I might need it with all the rain!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Traded the bug for this...Figured I might need it with all the rain!!

Post by meinvw on Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Traded my 67 bug for a 17' bass boat. Should be a good relaxation tool in between the repairs on the dubs!!! With all the flooding this week, might get more use from it than I need, but oh well, maybe can pull a nice bass outa the back yard!!!!!

meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Re: Traded the bug for this...Figured I might need it with all the rain!!

Post by DOODLE BUGG on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:06 pm

with all this rain u will probable need it
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

View user profile http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stasher1 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:27 am

Two of my favorite things, VWs and bass fishing. Very Happy

Need a couple nice spinning rods to go along with your new boat? I'm thinning out some of my fishing gear to buy VW parts.
stasher1
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:10 am

you could probably use that to get some parts from Tims on clay rd... I rode by there the other day and it didn't look good saw some muddy bugs and a muddy house the water was more than half way up the house... so who knows what his shop looks like Crying or Very sad
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 am

stasher1 wrote:Two of my favorite things, VWs and bass fishing. Very Happy

Need a couple nice spinning rods to go along with your new boat? I'm thinning out some of my fishing gear to buy VW parts.

Maybe so, waht parts are you needing might have some to trade. broke one of my favotite rods last week fishing in N GA, would have been nice to have been a fish that did it, but it was a tree... Sad

On the Tims note, cannot imagine what his place looks like. He is regularly plauged by floods. Think it was last year the shop was under 3'-4' of water. With this rain....scary to think about it!!!
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by stasher1 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 am

meinvw wrote:
Maybe so, waht parts are you needing might have some to trade. broke one of my favotite rods last week fishing in N GA, would have been nice to have been a fish that did it, but it was a tree... Sad

Well, the only things I'm really needing right now are a windshield and a hood for a 73+ Super Beetle. The hood I've got has a dent and a rust hole right at the handle, and (like an idiot) I broke my windshield taking it out.

Now, there are things I'd like to have, like a decent exhaust setup, a good set of "nipple" hubcaps to fit 4 lug wheels, or a set of lowering struts, but I'll probably wind up buying them new after I get my never-ending project back on the road.

The rods are a 6'6" MF Shimano Crucial (CRS66M) and a 6'6" MHF Bass Pro Shops "Johnny Morris Signature Series" (JMS66MHS). Both spinning and in excellent condition. I'm extremely picky about my stuff and typically fish from a kayak, so they're never sitting in the dirt or being stepped on by co-anglers. Wink

If I'd just stop buying new fishing gear for a little while, I'd have the money to finish my car. Laughing
stasher1
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:21 am

stasher1 wrote:
meinvw wrote:

Well, the only things I'm really needing right now are a windshield and a hood for a 73+ Super Beetle. The hood I've got has a dent and a rust hole right at the handle, and (like an idiot) I broke my windshield taking it out.

Now, there are things I'd like to have, like a decent exhaust setup, a good set of "nipple" hubcaps to fit 4 lug wheels, or a set of lowering struts, but I'll probably wind up buying them new after I get my never-ending project back on the road.

The rods are a 6'6" MF Shimano Crucial (CRS66M) and a 6'6" MHF Bass Pro Shops "Johnny Morris Signature Series" (JMS66MHS). Both spinning and in excellent condition. I'm extremely picky about my stuff and typically fish from a kayak, so they're never sitting in the dirt or being stepped on by co-anglers. Wink

If I'd just stop buying new fishing gear for a little while, I'd have the money to finish my car. Laughing

Ah, not much stuff for a super here. Same here for the rods, usually fish from my kayak or a friends canoe so should be a lot less work with this thing. Have to fix the trim on it before I can take it out and probably do a tune up on it ad general go-thru.But that will have to wait until the westy is a complete runner!
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:13 pm

On the Tims note, cannot imagine what his place looks like. He is regularly plauged by floods. Think it was last year the shop was under 3'-4' of water. With this rain....scary to think about it!!![/quote] I was there today and he's back up and running
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3223
Registration date : 2008-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top