Lightening power surge.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lightening power surge.

Post by 69panel on Wed May 06, 2009 8:11 am

I have not posted in a while.

Well lightening got my computer and it sits right next to my wife's computer which nothing happened to of course.

All she lost was her IP address log in info and couldn't log in. My Computer science GA Tech grad son fixed her's right away. On my computer the very same lightening got the mother board. So I have been without the ability to post. I only get on line when she's not surfing.

Also almost two weeks ago I injured my back and can't do anything but try and relax.
My Doctor prescribed some meds like muscle relaxers, anti-spasm and pain pills. The strangest thing is that my back hurts the worst first thing in the morning raising out of bed. After I'm on my feet and moving around the pain subsides. I made the mistake of lifting a few things and riding the lawn tractor cutting the grass after I started taking the meds and felt great during that day. I thought it went away as quickly as it came...wrong, very wrong.

That night I went to bed and woke up every thirty minutes all night long in agony. With back pain you try any position to try and stop the pain enough to get some sleep. The only way the pain goes down enough is when I stand up but I can't sleep standing up.

Lower back pain is hard to describe you could never understand the discomfort you feel until it happens to you.
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lightening power surge.

Post by DiggerD on Wed May 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Wow, that sucks about the computer, I lost one to a power surge a few years ago during an ice storm.

Been there with the back problems as well. You are right, if you have never experienced lower back pain you can't imagine how painful it can be! pale Get well soon, been missing your project progress reports! Cool
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle on Wed May 06, 2009 3:06 pm

If you need some company, I can come over and we can get jacked up on pain pills and beer! bounce
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw on Wed May 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Hope you feel better, I know the pain. Just got outta surgery about 10 days ago and trying to get back to normal myself.

On the surge protection there is not a protector out there that will protect against lightning. Always unplug all connections during storms. Most surges only protect up to 600-800 volts, lightning can come in at 1,000,000...... Best to run thru a nice surge protector and unplug the protector itself. Many nice ones with ethernet, power, phone hook-ups. But if your on dsl or cable diconnect those as well. Most hits come in via phone/cable vs power. The power grids are a lot better grounded and will usually send it to earth ground before it makes it to you.
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD on Wed May 06, 2009 5:39 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:If you need some company, I can come over and we can get jacked up on pain pills and beer! bounce

We can make it a threesome!! drunken Since I'm not currently working, I have free time available for these types of extracuricular activities! geek
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top